Tuesday 7 May 2013

Just My Opinion

One of the reasons I agree with this is because I've seen it myself. My little brother he loves playing violent games. He can go hours tapping those buttons, we actually have to restrict him from playing so much! But what's new right? He actually becomes angry and aggressive. Being the older sister I am I do egg him on a bit but it's just so shocking to see how much he's changed over a short period of time. Thankfully his aggression doesn't last long and he mellows down. Then there's me. I believe there was a time when people were shocked to see horrific scenes such as people ripping each others heads off but not anymore because of desensitization. Over the weekend I watched the last Twilight movie and found I loved the fact that they were fighting and killing each other, it added to the suspense and drama of the film. Now that I think about it, it's disgusting that I have fallen under the curse of this wretched desensitization to violence through media coverage. However I can safely say that I will not be going out on a killing spree, too bad I cant say the same for others.

Some may say it helps that we are being desensitized, that violence in media is another form of art it's an expression, it's harmlessWhat a load of  crap I say. The fact is desensitization to violence through media coverage exist and I believe it's the cause to most of the crime in our world today.

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad you have inserted a definition on your topic and straight away identified what side you are on in terms of your topic, it was so helpful as I am usually so lost when it comes to figuring out what side a person is on! so spot on with that!
    I like how you include a bit of humour in your blog and the visuals you have chosen to assist in getting your point across, are wonderful! they are perfect for this blog! and though some are a bit funny, they also are serious, am I making sense? For example, the picture of the little boy saying: "Don't worry, I am completely desensitized to violence" was, to me, quite funny and yet serious? I don't know, maybe I am crazy! but the fact that it is such a young boy in the picture makes it so worrying.
    You have chosen some fantastic resources to use and in turn, they have helped you make an awesome blog!
    The information given wasn't boring and still gave a clear, strong message.
    I never really thought about the shows I watch, the games I play and the news reports I read and how they may be influencing me in a bad way, I suppose growing up in the age of technology I never really had reason to question what was being played in front of me.
    You have picked such a relevant topic that many people wouldn't even notice, but now that I have read your blog I feel like I should be picking the television shows more carefully! except, I must admit, I am a huuuuuuge fan of Jeremy Kyle! I LOVE him! haha.

    Your writing style is perfect for this blog as it is informative and yet, for lack of better word, cheeky. Haha, I know lame choice of word, but you know, how you say "the show we all love to watch" it's funny because it's true for most people! though I never really had much interest in them!

    Reading your own opinions, I can so relate! my brothers could spend the whole of their lives happily in front of a screen with and X-box or ps3 on hand. We had to restrict them to only playing on Fridays and Saturdays and holidays, but even then, it's just such a constant in their life! it's crazy! I will admit I do enjoy playing X-box or ps3 and can be a freak when it comes to any Lord of the rings games or Call of duty (total nerd, I know!) and hours can go by and it only feels like I have been playing for a few minutes! off topic a bit... haha.

    The only thing I can see that might need a little work is a few minor grammar mistakes, missing a few commas for example, in the first few sentences of your own opinions are the only places I seemed to notice, let me know if you need me to point out exactly :)

    Over all, wonderful job and good read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have chosen a great topic for your blog! Its such a relevant controversy in todays developing world of media! I like how you have explained your personal points and views and also backed it up with evidence, sharing how your brother plays videogames. It shows that you know what your talking about and your proving your point to readers! I agree on how the media exposes its affects onto viewers and I think you've done a great job writing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete